NaBloPoMo Day Twelve- 5 favorite TV shows-Past and Present
I admit it. I'm a tv addict. If I'm home all day, the TV is probably on 15 hours a day.
1. My Three Sons ~ I loved this show when it ran as a prime time show. We recently discovered that a Christian TV station is running the show a few nights a week. I remember most of the episodes that they have been showing.
2. Big Bang Theory~ People seem to either love or hate this show. It makes me laugh out loud. My favorite parts are the bits that are recurring jokes, like when Sheldon goes to Penny's door *knock knock knock "Penny" knock knock knock "Penny"* and when Sheldon won't let anyone sit in his spot on the sofa. The casting of Mayim Bialik as Sheldon's "not a girlfriend" Amy Farrah Fowler is genius!
3. Sons Of Anarchy~ Yes, it can be very bloody, and that's when I cover my eyes. Mr Sunshine tells me when it's OK to look again. The stories and the acting in this show are outstanding. It's all dark and twisty and I love it.
4. Glee~ I think this one is another "love it or hate it" show. I love it because I was a 4-year high school chorus geek. I spent every possible minute of my day in the Band/Chorus room. In my senior year, I only took History, English and German. The rest of my day was spent in music classes. Yes it's true, just like Glee, when we weren't actively practicing for a concert, people were randomly breaking out in song and dance. I can take every character in Glee and relate them to someone I knew in high school. I want to be Kurt's Mom.
5. M*A*S*H~ This is one of my top 3 favorite TV series. EVER. I loved all the characters. Most especially Hawkeye Pierce. My Dad resembled Alan Alda and my Dad was in the Army. When we watched M*A*S*H together he would explain all the military terms to me. He told me a lot of the things that happened in the show were true to military service. I still have a very special place in my heart for Alan Alda.