NaBloPoMo Day Eleven- Fly me away to these 5 vacations
1. Graceland ~ I'm not a crazy Elvis fan, but I've always wanted to see Graceland. While we're in Memphis we can celebrate the history of Blues with a walk down Beale Street. I could spend an afternoon strolling in the Brooks Museum and cap off the trip with a day cruise on the Mississippi.
2. San Francisco ~ Mr Sunshine has been to SF. I've been to SF. We've never been to SF together. I was there for 2 days after a Sonoma Valley wedding. In order to see as much of the city as possible, we took a bus tour that included the entire northern section of the city and included the Marin Highlands. The next day we rode the trolley and spent an obscene amount of time at the Ghiradelli factory store. We didn't get to spend any time in Chinatown or enough time in Golden Gate Park. I would love to go back with Mr Sunshine and combine the vacation with some wine tasting in Napa and Sonoma.
3. Anguilla ~ This is a little British Caribbean island. I first heard about it when I read Bob and Melinda Blanchard's book A TRIP TO THE BEACH. They left their life in Vermont and opened a restaurant on Anguilla. According to the guide books, there doesn't seem to be much to do there except relax, but that doesn't sound too bad.
4. Austria~ I'm a Mozart Geek and a Sound of Music Geek, so naturally Austria is on my bucket list. My friend has been and convinced me that I need to go there.
5. London ~ Oh London, I LOVE YOU. We had a chance to do a whirlwind 4 day trip to London in 1999. We crammed as much as possible into those 4 days, combined with some VW obligations that we needed to attend. We saw Les Miz in the West End, ate lunch at the original Hard Rock Cafe, Covent Garden, Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Windsor Castle, rode the Underground all over the city, ate fish and chips in a pub and went on a nighttime dinner cruise on the Thames. They were still building the London Eye. We missed the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and I didn't get to see St Paul's Cathedral. I still need to see the Tate Modern and spend more time at Shakespeare's Globe Theater. I want to explore the OXO Tower boutiques.
If Mr Sunshine won't come with me, I'm taking Jen!