I'm doing National Blog Posting Month with a twist. Every day I'll write 5 things about a specific topic.
NaBloPoMo Day Ten- 5 of my bright ideas
1. How pathetic is that plant? I have underwatered it and overwatered it and it finally gave up and died of neglect. I need a plant pot that tells you to WATER THE DAMN PLANT. Out loud. I don't care if the thing beeps, speaks, lights up and blinks. I just need some kind of prompt on exactly the day the poor thing needs some liquid.
2. Everyone is up in arms about Happy Meals. Did you hear about the San Fran Happy Meal Ban? They're not allowed to put toys in any kid's meal that has more than 600 calories. I have a two-way solution to that problem. I'll invent a kid's meal that has less than 600 calories and instead of a toy, we'll have a deal with Barnes and Noble or Borders. The kid's meal will have coupons or tokens to collect. They could be traded at the bookstore for books. Win-Win. More kids reading and eating healthier meals.
3. Mr Sunshine and I have a Sleep Number Bed. I like a firm mattress, so I have a pretty high sleep #. Mr Sunshine like a softer mattress so his number is lower. I call his side the Bed Canoe. If he is away and I'm sleeping alone in the bed, I have to be careful about rolling over. I have landed in the Bed Canoe and couldn't get out. Mr Sunshine is also not a 53 yr old woman, so he likes his side of the bed a little warmer than I do. If he drags an extra blanket up during the night, I wake up in a hot sweaty mess. My idea is to have temperature sensors built into the remote for the bed. He can set his side on Tropical Paradise and I can set mine on Menopause Sucks.
4. I love TV. I HATE COMMERCIALS. Let me repeat....I HATE COMMERCIALS. I watch TV with the remote by my side and I can mute a commercial within a second or two. During the election season I was getting a case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome beating the mute button every 10 minutes. I would be forever grateful if you could program the TV remote to automatically mute the ads.
5. My name is Jeanne and I am a Diet Cola addict. For some odd reason, water gives me horrific reflux. I probably put away a 2 Liter bottle of diet soda every 24-30 hours. You know how some refrigerators have a water dispenser? I want one with a COKE ZERO dispenser. That would be so cool and create less trash. Cheers!