Thursday, April 9, 2009

Overheard: One Minute Writer

I found a new blog today. It is called The One Minute Writer .
She gives you a prompt, you push the timer and write for one minute.
Today's prompt was....

OVERHEARD

I'm sitting outside my bedroom door, wiping the tears off my cheeks and breathing very quietly. I'm supposed to be in my bedroom, being punished for yet another temper tantrum.

My mother is on the phone with my father's friend. He's a psychiatrist.
She asks, without anger in her voice, "What are we going to do with her?"

5 comments:

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

Hi
Glad you enjoyed my suggested topic for the day - and that you found One Minute Writer :)
fi

Missy said...

Hey-I found your blog today reading comments on the One Minute Writer which I also found the other day. I almost cried reading the post about your daughter. Does anyone other than moms instantly tear up like that? I have no idea. Loved your WisDUHm also. I did give up chocolate for Lent and would have devoured that bag at this point!

raino said...

wow. that's sounds frightening.

Cat said...

Oooh, I want to know the rest of the story.

winecat said...

Oh that seriously sucks! What were your parents thinking???

And I can tell you what my cats are thinking right now... this is not our regular food how dare you feed us this common grocery store stuff! They will be greatly relieved when I come home Monday with their regular (Royal Canin) food. I might stop being shunned then.