Friday, September 7, 2012

NaBloPoMo Sept 7

Today's question: Are you okay with letting people see you cry?


Funny question. I've been crying for an hour and there's nobody home to see!

Yesterday I was cleaning the floor behind the toilet. I was on my knees, lost my balance and cracked my head on the ceramic toilet paper roll holder. I had a medium-sized headache all day. Since I woke up this morning, I have been dizzy and slightly nauseous every time I move my head.

Can you picture that on my medical records? THE KLUTZ PRINCESS GAVE HERSELF A CONCUSSION ON A TOILET PAPER HOLDER.

At any given moment I'm a minute away from crying. I wear my emotions very close to the surface. When my Dad died suddenly,18 years ago, I think I cried every day for over a year. I want to cry if someone raises their voice at me, criticizes me, I'm hungry, I'm tired, I have a hangnail.

I have learned to swallow my tears. It doesn't make me feel better to cry over small things and it just upsets the people around you.
I'm also on a really good medication for anxiety/depression. Let's call it FUKITOL (that's what we call it in our house). It keeps me from crying over trivial things (we're out of peanut butter) but lets me release the tears when it seems important for me to get it out of my system.


Like when I crack my head on the Toilet Paper Holder Of Doom.

4 comments:

Cyndi B. said...

You might want to go get checked for a concussion. Had a friend who cracked his head on a built in soapdish in his shower and had problems for months after that. I guess bathrooms are more dangerous than we thought!

Enjoying reading your blog!

blackbird said...

You poor thing!
That has to be the silliest injury - but thank heavens for "better living through chemistry," right?

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

Darlin', crying is what I do best. Better to cry than hold it in and wait for your life to explode. Now about that head, maybe you best get a little x-ray??

Jen on the Edge said...

I hope you're okay!

No, I don't like for people to see me cry, not even my husband and children.