Sunday, August 14, 2011

Leaving No Turn Unstoned

I can't handle my chemicals. I learned this the first time I had surgery. They put me to sleep for a 20 minute surgery and I slept for 15 hours. I'm a 2 drink cheap date. That 3rd drink will knock me straight out.

My Dad and I tackled anything from a mild headache to pneumonia the same way...
TBS. Total Body Shutdown. No food, no shower, no TV. You go to bed after work on Friday and wake up Monday morning and go to work.

This past week I had an episode of TBS. I was down and out stoned. I was completely miserable with muscle spasms from my head to my knees. On the 5th of Aug I started taking 4 pain pills a day, adding a muscle relaxer with the last pain pill.

I fell asleep that Fri night and woke up at about 2 pm on Sat. I woke up for 4 hours and took a 3 hour nap, got up for 2 hours and went back to bed for the night. This is what my entire week was like.

Occasionally I would turn on the TV and watch an episode of Little House On The Prairie or the PGA golf tournament, but mostly I was dreaming about everyone I ever met in my life! Last night's dream featured all my husband's high school buddies,then me leaving a party as a passenger in a Little Tykes Toy Car.

I finally woke up yesterday and hit the mall for Tax-Free Shopping Weekend. I felt a little like Rip Van Winkle...there were a million people at the mall and I thought I had fallen asleep in August and woke up the day after Thanksgiving!

Did I miss anything important while I was stoned?

3 comments:

Suzanne Casamento said...

I hate to laugh but your last question is very funny. I doubt you missed anything when you were stoned.

I hope you're feeling better!

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

Too funny, but probably not to you. I don't think you missed much, except flood, vermin, and hacking in my world.

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

I have been experiencing vertigo and migraines and that's about where I'm at some days. Kind of scary, huh? Freaky dreams, too. Can this really be how the 50's are supposed to treat us?