I'm doing National Blog Posting Month with a twist. Every day I'll write 5 things about a specific topic.
NaBloPoMo Day Eight-Essential Love Songs
Of course my iPod has more than 5 Love songs on it, but I would definately include these 5.
1. I Can't Help Falling In Love With You~ A few months before I got married I had seen a band performing with a lead singer that did a mean Elvis impression. I booked them for my wedding and requested this song.
Like a river flows surely to the sea, Darling so it goes, Some things are meant to be.
Take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help falling in love with you.
2. More Than Words~ This song is by Extreme and a departure from their usual funk/metal.
Gary Cherone and Nuno Bettencourt are from Massachusetts...Shout out to Malden and Hudson!
More than words is all I ever needed you to show that you love me
'Cause I'd already know.
3. To Make You Feel My Love~ I like both the Garth Brooks and the Billy Joel versions of this song, but didn't know it was written by Bob Dylan! They all recorded it in 1997.
When evening shadows and the stars appear, and there is no one to dry your tears.
I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love.
4. Life After You~ Daughtry. I could not possibly have married someone that didn't make me laugh.
All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you.
I'm thinkin' that all that still matters is love ever after, after the life we've been through.
'Cause I know there's no life after you.
5. Could Not Ask For More~Edwin McCain. Mr Sunshine and I both love this song.
I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
Every prayer has been answered, every dream has come true
Right here in this moment is right here where I'm meant to be
Here with you, here with me