I'm doing National Blog Posting Month with a twist. Every day I'll write 5 different things about a specific topic.
NaBloPoMo Day Seven- 5 things I'm tolerating, instead of dealing with.
1. Eyesight~ I need an eye exam. I still live in the Land Of The Uninsured, but I occasionally see ads for $39 eye exams with the purchase of your glasses. I can make do with readers and I get them at Costco, 3 pairs for $18.99. A few weeks ago my vision started getting really blurry and I was headachy at the end of the day. I stepped up to 2.00 magnification and Voila! I can read and knit again!
2. Closet~ Last week I posted a picture of my scary closet. When we lived in the bigger condo, the closet in the spare bedroom was my Christmas/Craft closet. Now all the craft stuff shares a closet with my clothes. I'm asking Santa for a gift certificate for the Big Giant Home Stuff Store and I'll get shoe racks and purse racks and shelves and I'll make the whole project a New Year's resolution.
3. Loose Skin~ No one told me that when you lose 50+ pounds, your skin gets loose. REALLY loose. I expected it on my jelly belly and bubble butt, but definately NOT on my hands and arms. And feet! I need to do some serious research on how to get rid of it without the services of a plastic surgeon.
4. Car~ It's doing a rumbling thing at about 30 miles an hour. It needs to go into the shop. So far it isn't bothering me too much because I've been hibernating.....because.....
5. Job~ My boss is throwing me a 3 hour shift about once every 10 days. I've been called in to work on a few visual changes, but for the most part I'm not working. Mr Sunshine says "don't worry about it". It only bothers me when I want to spend a little money on non-essentials, like mani/pedi, books, hair dye, Christmas cards, candles. Notice that WINE does not appear on that list. Mom is selling her Florida winter home and I'll need to spend time helping her this winter, so I'm not really keen on getting a new job and asking for a lot of time off. I'll just spend the winter being the wino in the library with grey roots and snaggly fingernails.