Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Here Comes The Sun(shine)

The sun has finally come out in the Sunshine State. The temperatures are still averaging 15 degrees below normal, but at least the grey skies have gone.

There has been a bad combo here in The Treehouse of too many hours working, too many days off sleeping until 4pm and too many late nights Olympic watching. Grey skies and cold temperatures make me depressed. If I wanted to spend my January days in 3 layers of clothes, I would have stayed in Freeze-a-chusetts. The other side effect of hibernating in the Sleep Number Bed is that the apartment looks like a tornado came through.**No hideous messy apartment pictures**

I've hinted around that things were changing at work. I can talk about it now, because I am officially on the management team at the Shower Gel Store. My title is Cash and Sales Lead.
It's not a full-time position, but with the increase in hours and pay, I have the potential to make twice as much money in 2010.

Sorority Girl has 10 more months of school, then I can possibly move out of Land Of The Uninsured! I can get new glasses! I can go to the dentist!

There are a few things I would like. I want to get a pedicure more than 3 times a year. I want some new work clothes. I'm on Year 4 of my two pairs of black dress pants and my 2 pairs of black work shoes. I want to save up and take Tom and I on a Legendary Rhythm And Blues Cruise. I would like a new comforter set and drapes for my bedroom.

My new position starts next Monday. Mom is coming tomorrow, to spend a week and watch the Olympics on the BigAss TV. So, now I'm spending the rest of the day making the apartment "Grandma Clean".

15 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

I know from Mom Clean. My mother has a different standard than I do. Of course, she's only got the cat to make any mess. When Dad was alive, I used to dread it because he would do the white glove test on the top of my 'frig, a place only he could see.

Congrats on the new job!! I hope you make a lot more money!

robertga99 said...

Congratulations of the new job!

Lover Lady said...

Add to the list "I want to come visit Bunny in the ATL and go to the DFM and W-S outlet" to that list, missy!! :)

Jen on the Edge said...

Congrats on the new job! Woo hoo!!!

BTW, every night on the Olympics we see numerous ads for the new Harry Potter world at Universal Island of Adventures. My kids are wild to get down there as soon as the park is opened.

Bee said...

Congrats on the new job and only 10more months of tuition!

Hope the sun starts shining too - otherwise you can always pretend you are in "Freez-a-chusetts" - love that!

Anonymous said...

WHOOO-HOOO!!!! Congratulations on your new job! That is WONDERFUL news! So many good things in store for you soon and I am GLAD for it!

Caterina said...

Grey skies and cold temperatures may affect me more than I thought. Bluh :P

I hear ya with "things I would like." We are on the same lines about pedicure, clothing, stuff for the house and a vacation.

And ditto on the CONGRATS at work!

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

Mom Clean. Tell me about it. Right now I should be having her over for dinner after her cataract surgery, but there's no way I have the energy to clean or cook up to Mom Standards. And the grey weather, yes, see my post.

OTH, congratulations on your move up the ladder. I think you are headed in the right direction. Here's hoping for an economic upturn soon!

blackbird said...

I'm hopeful you'll have some, if not all, of the things on your list!

Fannie said...

I say "clean like the Pope is coming"! Great news on the job front!

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

Have a great visit! I've been delirious as you know, watching figure skating the past few days! Onward to ice dancing tonight.

I give house the white glove test when I know Mom is coming, too. That cleaning can usually hold up a while!

Here's to toasty temperatures!

Lisa said...

Congrat's :-) I am glad things are looking up for you...and yes, I know how the grey skies get ya down. I hope all is well.

Dean Grey said...

Little Miss Sunshine State!

Congrats on the new job!

I love rainy weather and can't stand the sun! Bah!

-Dean

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Ok, Massachusetts girl. I am a snowbird from MA and every time I try JUST to give a weather report to my friends back home they are BARELY able to contain their FROSTY should I say, CHILLY comments about how COLD it is there and how I shouldn't be complaining about cloudy, windy days with temps in the 60's because it's 25 there.
BUT, I say, this is SOUTHERN FLORIDA!!
Most days I wake up and if it wasn't obvious that I'm not in the same house, I'd think I was in "Freeze-a-chusetts"
Your blog is funny and I hope you get the pedicures, new clothes and the vacation, sooooon!

Anonymous said...

G點,情趣,情趣用品
潤滑液,內衣,性感內衣,
自慰器,自慰套,情趣內衣,
情趣娃娃,吊帶襪,煙火,
SM,充氣娃娃,AV,
衣蝶,丁字褲,無線跳蛋,
性感睡衣,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,
飛機杯,角色扮演,跳蛋,
情趣用品,情趣