Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gracias Por Todo 2009

2009

Wasn't too bad, as far as years go. No major illnesses or disasters for our immediate family.
We moved to a new apartment that we really love. We have jobs.

Here's some of my FAVORITES OF 2009

TV: GLEE. I was a teenage chorus and band room geek. I love the characters (especially Kurt. I want to adopt him). I DVR the episodes, so I can watch a second time.
SONS OF ANARCHY. Sometimes I have to cover my face, because it is that violent, but once again, I love the characters and the storytelling.

BOOKS: SACRED HEARTS by Sarah Dunant. A young woman is sent to a convent against her wishes, in 1570, in Italy.
BITTER IS THE NEW BLACK by Jen Lancaster. She made me laugh out loud, so I read her first 3 books and enjoyed them all.
THE MIDDLE PLACE by Kelly Corrigan. If you have taken care of a parent, you can relate.

BEAUTY PRODUCTS: I started using Patricia Wexler products. We sell them at work, so I was able to sample them before I bought them. They're more expensive than the corner store, but less than department stores. I am completely addicted to her SKIN REGENERATING SERUM (makes your skin feel like satin) and TINTED MOISTURIZER (spf 30 and I threw away all my foundation).

RESTAURANTS: We were in South Beach for the Patriots-Dolphins football game a few weeks ago. We asked the concierge for "the best burger place in South Beach". She sent us to BURGER AND BEER JOINT. It was soooooooooooooo good. They make a 10 pound burger that is the size of a manhole cover. We skipped it, but we heard it had been featured on a Travel Channel show.
In our search for local, authentic Mexican food, we have had a few disappointing meals. Our favorite place went downhill when new owners took over. We recently found GARIBALDI in Apopka FL. This week was our third trip and every meal has been really good.

ADULT BEVERAGE: I'm not a big drinker. YUENGLING will do for beer. PINOT GRIGIO is probably my favorite wine. AMARETTO is my liquor of choice. I have recently discovered I love Amaretto even more when you throw it in some cranberry juice. I'm stocking up on Cranberry juice during the holiday "Buy 1, get 1 free" sales.

FAVORITE BLOG POSTS: The ones I wrote for SORORITY GIRL and CAPE COD KID's birthdays. (Go meet my kids)

BEST NEW EXPERIENCES OF 2009:
Eating an orange I had just picked at the orange grove.
My first NBA basketball game.
My first college football game.
I ate gator and went on an airboat ride.
Joined facebook.

BEST WORK ON A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION: 1-1-10, I weighed in at 16 pounds less than I did on 1-1-09!!! 46 down, 24 to go!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, 2009

*this post idea was inspired by my new favorite bloggy friend, Bunny* (Go meet Bunny)







8 comments:

Loretta said...

I loved Sacred Heart and now The Princess is reading it and The Empress is in line next.

also turned onto Patricia Wexler by The Princess and will look into the two you mentioned.

Lover Lady said...

1) Will have to check out Sacred Hearts because our book tastes seem similar (LOVE Jen Lancaster, LOVE The Middle Place)
2) Good to know about Patricia Wexler--do those ever go on sale at the Shower Gel store? Are they included in coupons?
3) You should have ordered that damn burger, just for the photo op. :)
4) GOOD JOB on the weight! Hope I am there with you this time next year.

Anonymous said...

favorite TV show Sons of anarchy I turned you on to that one

book: name of the wind

food: she's not kidding the burger was the best ever

Experience: same as you but the college game, I had to work:-( but the second row 50yardline game in Miami made up for that. The W weekend was really cool. Sitting at the beach with your mother to watch a sunset was nice too.

beauty products? what beauty products

achievements: taking my guitar to a new level not only in playing, but playing a Taylor anytime I want, since I got one.

my new mancave with the water fountain and good views.

2009 not so bad hope 2010 even better...

mr sunshine states take

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

I love your lists! Congratulations on losing weight, too! Sounds like you are doing it the smart way.

PS. Thanks for the tip on Patricia Wexler, I always wondered if the product was good.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! Excellent job on achieving that goal! And what a cool list of accomplishments, too.
I still like that post about the orange grove.
Our TV taste is identical;)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that someone else digs Sons of Anarchy as much as I do. I think it's one of the best shows out there!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Congrats on all the fun and accomplishments in 2009!

鐵火卷John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.