This seems to be the norm here in the Summer Retail Sunshine State. I'm working less than 10 hours a week and this is how I'm spending most of my time.
- up to my neck in the condo pool (today there was serious lizard sex going on, 2 feet from my chair),
- on facebook
- discussing family genealogy with my brother (we may be part Canadian Indian and we are definately descendants of Acadian people who were exiled from Nova Scotia-like the characters in Longfellow's poem about Evangeline)
- playing MahJong Solitaire online ( I was ranked #37,000 in the world today)
- reading....loved The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society and laughed my ass off at Bitter Is The New Black. I'm halfway through Bright Lights, Big Ass.
- getting hooked on Ruby. I watched all of last season and started watching this season. She has lost over 350 pounds!!
Since I'm not working.....and it's summer (it BETTER be warm and sunny), I decided to turn my trip to MA from 1 week into 2 weeks in August. We're planning an early surprise 75th birthday party for my Mom, a little time on the Cape and see CAPE COD KID, and hopefully all my nieces and nephews and siblings.
Would you believe I lived in MA for 49 years and NEVER went to Lexington and Concord? My darling Revolutionary War fan Daddy probably just rolled over in his grave when I said that. I'm going to spend a day or 2 up there.
Mom has her usual Honey-Do list for me. Wash her windows, go up and get stuff out of the attic...which is actually a good thing. I want to see if there are any old family photos up there and make copies for myself.
And of course, once again I'll be in the Land Of Dial-Up Internet.