Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I May As Well Get Out Of Town

I'm not working lately. Surprise, Surprise!

This seems to be the norm here in the Summer Retail Sunshine State. I'm working less than 10 hours a week and this is how I'm spending most of my time.
  • up to my neck in the condo pool (today there was serious lizard sex going on, 2 feet from my chair),
  • on facebook
  • discussing family genealogy with my brother (we may be part Canadian Indian and we are definately descendants of Acadian people who were exiled from Nova Scotia-like the characters in Longfellow's poem about Evangeline)
  • playing MahJong Solitaire online ( I was ranked #37,000 in the world today)
  • reading....loved The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society and laughed my ass off at Bitter Is The New Black. I'm halfway through Bright Lights, Big Ass.
  • getting hooked on Ruby. I watched all of last season and started watching this season. She has lost over 350 pounds!!

Since I'm not working.....and it's summer (it BETTER be warm and sunny), I decided to turn my trip to MA from 1 week into 2 weeks in August. We're planning an early surprise 75th birthday party for my Mom, a little time on the Cape and see CAPE COD KID, and hopefully all my nieces and nephews and siblings.

Would you believe I lived in MA for 49 years and NEVER went to Lexington and Concord? My darling Revolutionary War fan Daddy probably just rolled over in his grave when I said that. I'm going to spend a day or 2 up there.

Mom has her usual Honey-Do list for me. Wash her windows, go up and get stuff out of the attic...which is actually a good thing. I want to see if there are any old family photos up there and make copies for myself.

And of course, once again I'll be in the Land Of Dial-Up Internet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a great summer Jeanne! Gonna get even better when you go north again.

I've written down the names of those books...gonna get them from the library. Thanks!

Jen on the Edge said...

At least you are having a good summer.

I love Jen Lancaster's books. And I have "The Guernsey Literary..." on my library list.

Monnik said...

You are my long lost sister. (even though I'm not Canadian Indian or Acadian)

I loved The Guernsey Long Title book too, and Ruby is amazing. I also spend too much time playing games online (my game of choice is Scrabble on pogo.com) and cruising Facebook.

but... No lizard sex in Iowa. I feel cheated!

Amy A. said...

I want to read all of those books! I haven't had anything good to read in ages.

Lover Lady said...

I devoured all of Jen Lancaster's books in the spring. Then she came to the ATL and I couldn't find anyone to go with me to see her! So sad!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It sounded great until you got to the part about dial-up.

Have fun!