(un)important things that make me happy.
Would you believe I'm having a hard time coming up with 6? Most of the things that make me happy are NOT unimportant. Some things that make me happy might be unimportant to other people, but with my wonky body and weird way of looking at things, they are important to ME.
- Sunshine- When I step outside and I can feel the warmth of the sun soaking through all the layers of skin and muscle, right down to my bones and joints.
- NY Times Sunday Crossword- Damn, it's hard! Sometimes it takes me 3 days to finish. Sometimes I can't finish it and I slide it into the bag of newspapers, where it will be tossed with the classified ads and store fliers. My personal rules are no looking at the answers and no dictionary. When I finish an entire puzzle, it makes me really happy!
- Pedicures- This is one of those things I physically CAN'T do myself, so it is such a treat for me when I go, once a month.
- Candles-I'm sensitive to strong smells, so I rarely I find a candle that I can light without starting to wheeze or getting a migraine. Right now my Slatkin & Co Fresh Bamboo is making me happy.
- Lip Gloss- I hate lipstick. I hate chapstick. I hate sticky stuff on my lips. But I LOVE lip gloss that is slick and shiny. I use the C.O.Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine in either Spearmint or Cinnamon. If I want a little color I use Liplicious in either Cranberry Cocktail or Frozen Blackberry. YUM!
- There is no number 6.