e-mail to brother with wicked wit.
Dear Brother B, could you please mail me M's Banana Bread recipe (otherwise known as World's Best Banana Bread). Thanx, your favorite sister.
Reply: Dear Sister. I'll ask her when she returns from the latest shopping excursion to secure the latest in fashionable window treatments.
The banana bread baking process, as I recall, goes something like this.
1. Buy bananas
2. Ignore them until they turn yucky and brown
3. Mash them into an icky,yellowish-blacky sort of a mess
4. Yell at husband to turn down TV volume
5. Add Heggs (this is Canuck banana bread) Add flour, nuts and some other stuff
6. Bake for an undetermined amount of time on the BAKE setting of the oven while chanting in tongues to the gods of baked goods
7. Put them out on the deck to cool
8.Slice and give away to departing houseguests.