Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday Snippets

I had such a nice afternoon yesterday. I asked my friend to go out for lunch and an afternoon of exploring a neighborhood full of consignment shops and thrift shops. One huge thrift shop had AMAZING prices on name-brand clothes. Entire racks of shorts and skirts for $1.92 and $2.92. I'll go back this week when I feel like trying things on.

Sorority Girl and I hit Burlington Coat Factory for purse shopping on Thursday. I got a PERFECT small shoulder bag...originally $59 for $12.99. 

I want TOMS shoes. THESE TOMS shoes. Sadly these TOMS shoes are being discontinued and they no longer have my size. I am sad.

I'm keeping an eye on this little tropical system.
Extend those projection lines and it goes right over FL. I am starting to think about filling jugs of water and stocking up on a few other things. If it turns into a Tropical storm and/or hurricane it will be Emily.

Did I ever tell you that I think I died in a hurricane in a previous life? I am OBSESSED with hurricanes. I'm not afraid of them but I have to know where they are at all times. When there is a hurricane, Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel becomes my new best friend and I'll watch him report for many hours. And hours. And hours.

I just read (my not-so-secret crush) Steven Tyler's book...Does The Noise In My Head Bother You. Amazing that he's still alive.

Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steven Tyler was amazing in his 40's--he was still doing back flips on stage during their concerts. He does rock
I hope the storm blows out before it gets to you.

blackbird said...

There's nothing like a good thrift shop!
Except maybe a hurricane!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Maybe you should go to a psychic who does past life regression and find out if you have past life hurricane trauma. Fascinating stuff.

Did you like Steven Tyler's book?

Jen on the Edge said...

You got some great deals. Booyah!

If I lived where you lived, I'd be obsessed with hurricanes too.

Marthavmuffin said...

Love me some thrift stores too! AND also obsessed with hurricanes. Oh boy the pleasures of living in the Sunshine state!