Friday, December 3, 2010

Florida December~Indoor Version


You know it's December around here. This is the indoor version. The next time I take a walk I'll bring my camera and show you the outdoor version.
 I made my first pot of tea of the season. In Massachusetts, the first pot of tea appeared around the first week of October. In The Sunshine State, the temperature has to drop below 60 degrees and today it was 55 at 6pm.
 Christmas catalog to check out gifts for the nephews, Christmas cards and the snowman candle are on the dining room table.
 The Amaryllis is creeping me out. It seems like every time I look at it, it has grown another inch.
SOCKS! On my feet! This is wrong in 27 different ways. To add insult to injury, I'm wearing flannel PJ bottoms and a fleece top. I refuse to turn on the heat. I REFUSE!

(PS: I gave two week's notice at work today.)
(PPS: Update- Sat at 7:15am. Outdoor temp is 39 degrees. Indoor temp is 65 degrees. I turned on the heat. Hangs head in shame at becoming a Florida Weather Wussy) 

7 comments:

blackbird said...

Congratulations on giving notice. That job seems frustrating!

Anonymous said...

YAY for you! A better job with a better boss is in your future!
Ugh--this winter feels especially cold to me this year, too. Tea--check. Socks--check. Cold nose--check.

Caterina said...

Florida Weather Wussy :) he he.

That Toyland catalog is sitting next to me. Like right now next to me!

Jen on the Edge said...

Congrats on giving notice!

You are not a wuss for turning on the heat. If it's 39 outside, you HAVE to. You don't want to freeze and you don't want your pipes to get anywhere near freezing.

Audubon Ron said...

Wimp.

Hang on the Little Woman is yelling something...

...No Honey, I built a fire, I have no idea who turned on the heater. Probably the cat.

Where was I?

Fannie said...

39 degrees is more than acceptable for causing one to turn on the heat!

Marthavmuffin said...

woohoo glad you are saying goodbye to that job!

I can so relate to the florida shivers. BRRRR!!