Thursday, July 22, 2010

If A Picture Paints A Thousand Words

Maybe more like a hundred words but I can tell you about my week.




  1. I got lei'd at the Disney Polynesian Resort. We went for dinner with some MA people who were down for a vacation. During dinner, they turned off the lights and we watched the Disney fireworks and could hear the narration through the restaurant sound system.
  2. I'm reading Jen Lancaster, because I needed to be cheered up and she always makes me snort.
  3. PURPLE TOES
  4. This candle was originally $22 at the Shower Gel Store. Then it was reduced to $11, then $4.75. I was looking in a cabinet at work and found this last one behind some other candles. I did a price verify, and said "mine,mine,mine"!
  5. Bonus points if you know that this little gadget is NOT an mp3 player, but a blood glucose monitor and I am now officially diabetic. Apparently Mr Sunshine State was contagious.

10 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

I use the same glucose monitor. Sigh.

Heather T said...

The candle looks like it smells wonderful. Your toes look beautiful. I hope that the lei, a wonderful beverage, and the candlelight make the new news not so unsettling.

*hugs*

Jen on the Edge said...

So sorry to hear about the diabetes. At least your toes look pretty. :-)

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

Goodness! You and Mr. LMSS have had a ride this past month! Hang in there and I totally love the purple toes. That's the color of royalty.

Bee said...

Love the toes! Score on the candle - I like them better when I get them for less!

Sorry about your diagnoses - take care of yourself and be good to yourself!

blackbird said...

Hey! Be well!
Cute toes!

Monnik said...

That stinks that you're diabetic, but it's a good thing to have pretty flowers and fun friends to have dinner with, a nice smelling candle, a good book to read, and awesome toes.

:)

Audubon Ron said...

The Little Woman asks, "Look what I found at a bargain. Guess how much I paid for it?" I respond, "$3." She asks, "How did you know?" I answer, "B/c everything you buy is $3." :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What a bummer on the diabetes--and it seems you've been taking good care of your health. How discouraging.

But very cute toes!

Caterina said...

The diabetes doesn't have to be a downer, just a change in lifestyle. And a healthy GOOD kinda change :) Take it easy and take good care.