Sunday, August 30, 2009

Moving Out. And Down. And Up

OUT: We signed the lease on a new apartment. We're only moving 2 miles down the road, but instead of living in a condo complex surrounded by big-box stores, couple of car dealerships and a community college, we'll be in a residential area near a big lake. I have to go through all the boxes that never got unpacked from the move to FL....because we're moving....

DOWN: Once again, we're downsizing. The house on the Cape was 9 rooms with a basement and a garage. The current apartment is 7 rooms with a couple of decent sized closets. The new place is 5 rooms with one big closet, one small closet, one small pantry closet and one small linen closet.

UP: Our current apartment is on the first floor with windows on only one side I had no windows in my kitchen and dining room. Our new apartment is a second floor, corner unit with a BIG screened in porch, a big living room and lots of windows.
And 10 stairs up to our door. My knees keep whining, "are you freaking KIDDING ME????" I'll let you know what they say when I have to climb them every night after work, lugging my extra large work purse and groceries. Our new rent is lower than our old rent, so maybe I can start saving up for the knee replacement surgery.

I'll take some pictures after we're all settled in.

8 comments:

blackbird said...

I love the sound of the new place...good luck with the move!

Loretta said...

A huge screened porch! Sounds lovely! Hope all moves easily and the knees stay happy!

Cat said...

I hate walking up and down stairs, but I always try to remind myself it's good exercise. How do you like apartment life after living in a house? I think it would be wonderful to have a lot less responsibility.

Monnik said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! I find that moving is a good way to get rid of all that junk that you accumulate through the years.

Jen on the Edge said...

Lots of windows and a screened porch -- it sounds lovely.

Missy said...

I am jealous of you being a renter. We would sell our house in a minute if we could right now. Nothing here is selling. We want to move to a town house with no yard! Our priorities have shifted since we've gotten older!

Fannie said...

More windows are definitely worth more stairs!

BOSSY said...

This sounds lovely, and a smart smart move. Size is overrated. In some things. Like apartments.

Sorry, what was Bossy saying? Oh, happy moving! Bossy actually likes the excuse to purge her stuff. It is, after all, only stuff.