Friday, December 12, 2008

Margarita Chex Mix

PROCRASTINATION STATION: UPDATE

I finished the Shoebox Gifts for the Nursing Home.
I did a little Gift Shopping.
The tree now has a STAR. Still no garland or ornaments.
I bagged up the Margarita Chex Mix to send to my brother.
I got a haircut.

Today I will get my nails done, make Chocolate Lollipops and Peppermint Bark for my nieces and nephews, get the car registrations renewed, have lunch with Sorority Girl, pick up prescriptions, pack to go to Mom's for 4 days.

Speaking of MARGARITA CHEX MIX here's the recipe.

1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
2 T of lime juice (or Tequila)
2 tsp of Seasoned Salt
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (if you like a little more kick-I don't)
2 envelopes of DRY margarita mix
6 cups of Chex (any combo you like)
1 cup of nuts (any combo or variety you like)
1 cup of mini pretzels
1 cup of plain goldfish crackers
1 cup of dried cranberries



Preheat oven to 250 deg. Melt the butter in a large roasting pan.
Add the seasoned salt, lime juice (or tequila), and dry margarita mix. STIR.
Add all the snacky items except the dried cranberries. Stir to coat the snacky items.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Add dried cranberries.
Let cool on paper towels.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Badger said...

Well, now I know what I'm bringing to DH's family's holiday party next week! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

You had me at margarita. Thank you.

And I think getting your nails done makes up for only a star on your tree:)