Friday, April 11, 2008

DEVIL DOG is STILL BARKING

Remember last week when I wrote about Devil Dog, that is my new upstairs neighbor?
Will that damn dog ever get laryngitis? He is still barking about 9 hours a day.
Yesterday I woke up with a headache because I had spent the last hour of trying to sleep with a pillow pressed over my head to drown out the noise.

I typed up the following letter, in which I completely downplayed the nuisance that was their beloved pet. I taped it to their doorknob and I'm pretty sure they got it because when I got home last night, the note was gone.


YOU MAY NOT BE AWARE OF THIS, BUT YOUR DOG HAS SEVERE SEPARATION ANXIETY.
EVERY MORNING AT 6:15 IT STARTS TO CRY, HOWL, BARK AND SCRATCH AT THE DOOR.
MOST DAYS THIS IS CONTINOUS UNTIL AT LEAST NOON. SOME DAYS IT CONTINUES UNTIL MID-AFTERNOON.
WE NEVER HEAR IT WHEN YOU ARE HOME, ONLY ON WEEK DAYS.
WE WORK MANY MIDDLE SHIFTS AND NEED TO SLEEP IN THE MORNING.
PLEASE TAKE THIS WEEKEND TO FIND A ROOM OTHER THAN THE MASTER SUITE TO CONFINE YOUR DOG OR PLEASE MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOUR DOG’S CARE DURING YOUR ABSENCE.
THANK YOU
YOUR NEIGHBORS IN APT 104

I thought for sure they'd feel a little bad and do something different this morning.
So, this morning, they left for work and once again left Devil Dog locked in their master suite. He has been howling for 5 hours.
THIS IS WAR. I filed a complaint with the property managers. If this continues beyond Monday, I'm going to file a 2nd complaint and start calling the police every morning to file a noise complaint.

It ain't gonna be pretty.

6 comments:

Avitable said...

I definitely think you should file a complaint now. They've been notified and didn't do anything about it.

Anonymous said...

Power to you. Those jerkwads shouldn't even have a dog. Seriously!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'd think they would have thanked you by making them aware of how miserable their poor dog is. Good luck, and I hope the poor dog and you both get some peace!

Anonymous said...

Your might also try calling the ASPCA.

Wendy said...

Go to it. I cannot stand the barking dog that lives next door to us. Quiet dog = good dog.

Anonymous said...

And are we going to get to hear about every skirmish in this war? Please?